Buttermilk Biscuits *updated recipe
What could be more comforting than biscuits hot from the oven smothered with butter. You can add your own cheese and turn them into cheesy biscuits. Best served warm straight from the oven, or warm in microwave for 15 seconds. These also freeze well for up to 2 months.
**To make plain buttermilk biscuits with no cheese add 1/2 t salt and use egg whites instead of whole eggs.
- 1 package Biscuit Mix
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1/4 c cream
- 1/3 c water
- 1 T apple cider vinegar *optional
- 3 fresh eggs slightly beaten (or 3/4 c carton egg whites)
- *optional 1/2 c grated cheese. Optional spices eg. 1/4 t garlic, 1/4 t onion powder, 1/4 t salt. Sprinkle with dill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with with parchment paper or if making drop biscuits spray a 12 count muffin tin with oil.
- Mix water, cream and vinegar together
- Pour dry mix into a mixing bowl or stand up mixer and make a well. Pour in melted butter and
and eggs. Start to mix then add the liquid until well combined. Add cheese, stir and scrape down bowl.
- Using a scoop drop mix onto parchment paper lined tray or use a spoon and drop into prepared muffin tin.
- Flatten slightly if not using a muffin tin.
- Bake for for approx. 17-19 minutes until the tops are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Cool completely and then store in an airtight container and refrigerate.