Carrot Bundt Cake
Spring is here! Celebrate by making a decadent carrot cake with silky cream cheese icing. This recipe works best in a bundt pan but you can also use 2 - small round pans and make a layer cake.
Total Carbohydrate - Fiber - Sugar Alcohol = 4 Net Carb
- 1 package Cinnamon Spice Muffin Mix
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 1 scant c liquid (1/4 c cream, 3/4 c water
- 2 -3 T sweetener
- 3 fresh eggs slightly beaten
- 2 T vanilla or maple extract
- 1/4 c walnuts or pecans finely chopped
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1/2 c softened cream cheese
- 2 - 3 T sweetener (to taste)
- 3 T whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 reduce to 350 degrees when you put the cake in the oven.
- Pour mix, sweetener & nutmeg into a bowl and make a well. Add eggs, butter, carrot and extract and start to mix
- Slowly add liquid until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan. Even out the batter with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Loosen around the edges with a knife, Let cool for 10 minutes before trying to remove the cake from the pan. Use a rubber spatula to gently edge and lift the cake loose. Invert onto a plate.
- Let cool completely before icing.