Rum Bundt Cake
Celebrate Father's Day by making him a special cake spiked with his favorite Spiced Rum.
This cake is super moist and has great flavor the pairing of the cinnamon mix with the spiced rum is wonderful very low carb and sugar free.
Topped with a Buttered Rum glaze.
- 1 package Cinnamon Spice Muffin Mix
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 5 c water, .25 c Spiced Rum
- .25 c sweetener
- 3 fresh eggs slightly beaten
- 1 T vanilla or maple extract
- 1/4 c walnuts or pecans finely chopped
- 1/3 c butter
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- 1 T inulin or you could used 1/3 cup Swerve to replace sweetener.
- .25 c rum
- Preheat oven to 375 reduce to 350 degrees when you put the cake in the oven.
- Pour mix, sweetener &nuts into a bowl and make a well. Add eggs, butter and extract and start to mix
- Slowly add liquid until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan. Even out the batter with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Loosen around the edges with a knife, Let cool for 10 minutes before trying to remove the cake from the pan. Use a rubber spatula to gently edge and lift the cake loose. Invert onto a plate.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- To make glaze melt butter, add rum and sweetener. Bring to a medium boil. Stir and boil until the mixture starts to thicken. Let cool slightly. Pour on the cake while the mixture is still very warm. Don't use too much it is quite sweet. Decorate with a few whole pecans or walnuts