Sour Cream Chocolate Cake
Who doesn't love a great chocolate cake. This is rich, moist and delicious. Add your own fresh ingredients and mix everything together, it's that easy. Finish with a drizzle of melted chocolate and enjoy.
One mix can be used to make 2, 8" rounds for a layer cake. See instructions at bottom.
Cupcakes - makes 11 cupcakes. Divide batter using a standard scoop into 12 muffin liners (lightly sprayed or non-stick liners) Bake at 350 for 24 minutes.
** optional - add 1 t orange flavor
- 1/2 package Biscuit Mix (for best results - weigh the mix then half it) should be apox. 152 grams.
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 T water
- 3 fresh eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 c dark cocoa powder.
- 1/3 cup sweetener of your choice (this will make a semi-sweet cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. spray an 8" round cake pan with oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread out into cake pan
- Bake for 28 - 30 minutes.
- Use the toothpick test.
- Cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate
- ** To make a double chocolate cake for a layer cake: mix one cake as per directions, at a time. Pour batter into pan and then mix the other half and pour batter into second pan.
*** Baking time may increase with 2 cakes.