Cinnamon Swirl Scones
You won't believe these are low carb! Add some of your favorite sweetener, a little cinnamon and turn these in to a delicious sweet treat, perfect with your afternoon coffee.
* Variations: add 1/4 c chocolate chips instead of cinnamon.
- 1 package Biscuit Mix
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1/2 c liquid (1/2 milk or cream, half water)
- 1/4 c + 1T sweetener
- 2t cinnamon
- 1t vanilla
- 3 fresh eggs slightly beaten
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 2T cream cheese
- 1T cream
- 1T sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with with parchment paper or is making drop biscuits spray a 12 count muffin tin with oil.
- Pour dry mix plus 1/4 c sweetener into a mixing bowl or stand up mixer and make a well. Pour in melted butter and
and eggs. Start to mix then add the liquid until well combined.
- Mix 2t of cinnamon with 1T of sweetener. Sprinkle over batter and fold in gently to create swirls. Two or three folds.
- Using a scoop drop mix onto parchment paper lined tray or use a spoon and drop into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for for approx. 17 minutes until the tops are just starting to turn golden brown. These are best when cooked to a soft dough.
- Make cream cheese drizzle: Mix 2T of cream cheese with 1T of cream and 1T of sweetener. Microwave for 10 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm buns.