These are going to be a Christmas tradition. Semi sweet wrap with a creamy, pumpkin filling. Finish with fresh unsweetened whipping cream and lightly sprinkle with icing sugar.
- 1/2 cup Low Carb Wrap Mix
- 3/4 c boiling water
- 1 T butter
- 1 t of cinnamon
- 1/2 t of ground ginger
- 2 T of brown sugar Swerve (or equivalent sweetener)
- 1 c cream cheese
- 2 T pumpkin puree unsweetened
- 1/4 c brown sugar Swerve
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Pour dry mix, 2 T sweetener and spices into bowl. Add in butter (it will melt when boiling water is added). Add boiling water.
- Mix until the dough starts to come together into a gelatinous ball. Continue mixing for 1 to 2 minutes until dough has cooled down. Use a stand up mixer or mix by hand with a spoon.
- Knead dough into a soft ball, cut into 4 pieces. Dough will be softer than original recipe. Let it sit for 5 minutes before handling.
- Cover one dough ball with a piece of parchment paper.
- Flatten dough with a glass pie plate or tortilla press. Alternative roll out to 6 - 6.5 " in diameter. Don't flatten this soft dough to thin to avoid tears.
- Pre-heat non stick pan to medium/high. Flip wrap into pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2.5 minutes on one side, careful not to burn the sugar and spices will brown quickly. Flip over and cook for another 1 - minute.
- Let wraps cool down completely. Prepare filling.
- Add all the filling ingredients to a mixing bowl and whip until soft.
- ** Optional - whip fresh cream for garnish.
- *** Optional lightly sprinkle with real icing not sugar replacement. the combination of unsweetened cream with a sprinkle of real icing sugar makes a wonderful combination without feeling too sweet.