This recipe turns your mix into 2 - 10 x 6" flatbreads. You can brush with butter and parsley or you could leave it plain to be used as a bread stick for dipping. You could also add toppings for a flatbread pizza.
It really is versatile and just so delicious.
- 1 Pkg Biscuit Mix
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1/4 c cream, 1/4 c water
- 2 fresh eggs slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour dry mix into bowl. Make a well in the dry mix and pour in beaten eggs and melted butter.
- Mix until the dough starts to come together. Add in cream/water mixture
- Scrape down bowl and empty dough onto parchment paper. Form dough into a ball and divide in half.
- Work with half at a time. Shape dough into a rectangle (hotdog bun shape). Cover with another sheet of parchment.
- Roll out to a rectangle shape aprox. 10" x 6.5". Use parchment paper as a guide to make square edges (See picture below). Alternative: roll into an oval and shape.
- Bake for aprox. 13 - 15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- *Optional brush with a mixture of melted butter and parmesan and sprinkle with parsley. Let set. Cut into wedges.