Flax Seed Crackers
Keto, Wheat free and Vegan. These crackers are so delicious and incredibly easy to make. Half cup of mix will make 100g of crackers, enough to share.
Prepare a few parchment sheets, you can cut squares or circles. Cut to the size of your 'pie plate press' or the size of your tortilla press.
Mix 1/2 cup mix with 1 T oil, 1 to 2 T of seeds of your choice, 3/4 c hot water. Combine in a stand up mixer or bowl and mix until combined and dough forms.
Empty your dough onto a parchment sheet, knead into a soft dough ball. Cut into quarters. Try to make the cuts as even as possible.
Roll into 4 smaller balls. Cover 3 with a damp paper towel. This will help keep the moisture in so the dough will be easier to press.
Place a dough ball in between 2 sheet of parchment. Use a glass bottom pie plate or bowl to press out your dough. Continue to press in a back and forth motion until you have a 6" diameter tortilla.
Score the tortilla into 4, sprinkle with rock salt and press the salt into the dough. Microwave on the first side for about 1:35. I use a 900W microwave. When one side is done carefully flip over and return to the microwave for another 1:30.
- 1/2 cup Low Carb Bun Mix
- 3/4 c boiling water
- 1 T oil (optional, makes for a slightly puffier cracker)
- 2 T flax seeds
- 1/4 t garlic
- Coarse sea salt for top
- Pour dry mix, flax seeds and garlic into bowl. Add boiling water and oil
- Mix until the dough starts to come together into a gelatinous ball. Continue mixing for 1 to 2 minutes until dough has cooled down. Use a stand up mixer or mix by hand with a spoon.
- Knead dough into a soft ball, cut into 4 pieces.
- Roll each piece in your hands to form a round ball. Place 3 dough balls in a bowl and cover with a damp paper towel to avoid drying out.
- Flatten one dough ball with your hand onto a piece of parchment paper. Form an even round circle keeping edges smooth.
- Cover flattened dough with another piece of parchment paper and press or roll out dough. If rolling start from the center and roll out. Press to 6" diameter.
- Score dough into quarters. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and press salt into dough.
- Microwave on a plate lined with parchment for aprox. 1:30 to 1:35 minutes. Start with 1:30 per side if cracker is not quite dry enough add another 20 second increment for that crackers. For the next cracker add 5 seconds per side. **increments don't cook as hot, you can't add 20 seconds onto the 1:30 min**
- Carefully flip over (it's hot) and microwave on the other side for the same time. Crackers do not need to brown to be crisp enough. This is the time for a 900W microwave.
- Let cool and break on score. Store in a paper bag with a tie.
- 1/2 c mix, 3/4 c boiling water, 1 T infused herb oil, 1 T Rosemary, Coarse sea salt for the top