Flax Seed Crackers
Keto, Wheat free and Vegan. These crackers are so delicious and incredibly easy to make. Half cup of mix will make 100g of crackers, enough to share.
- 1/2 cup Low Carb Wrap Mix
- 3/4 c boiling water
- 1 T oil
- 2 T flax seeds
- 1/4 t garlic
- Coarse sea salt for top
- Pour dry mix, flax seeds and garlic into bowl. Add boiling water and oil
- Mix until the dough starts to come together into a gelatinous ball. Continue mixing for 1 to 2 minutes until dough has cooled down. Use a stand up mixer or mix by hand with a spoon.
- Knead dough into a soft ball, cut into 4 pieces.
- Roll each piece in your hands to form a round ball. Place 3 dough balls in a bowl and cover with a damp paper towel to avoid drying out.
- Flatten one dough ball with your hand onto a piece of parchment paper. Form an even round circle keeping edges smooth. If the edges crack smooth back together, this will make rolling easier.
- Cover flattened dough with another piece of parchment paper and start to roll from the center out. Roll or press out until dough is aprox. 6 - 6 1/2" in diameter. (or use the pie plate method of flattening as shown in the video tutorials)
- Score dough into quarters. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Microwave on a plate lined with parchment for aprox. 90 seconds.
- Flip over and microwave on the other side for aprox. 90 seconds. Crackers do not need to brown to be crisp enough
- Let cool and break on score.
- These crackers can be baked as well. You will want to roll up the edges a bit (as shown in pictures on the pizza crust recipe page) this will stop the edges from burning. Bake for aprox. 22 - 25 min at 325. Rotate tray at the halfway point for an even bake. Crackers should be starting to brown.