Aromatic, savory bread, such a pleasure to serve. Focaccia wedges can be served plain, but they also go well with toppings or dips try olive oil, pesto or tapenade. Don't forget the red wine!
* You can also turn this mix into a Flatbread - follow recipe step 1 and 2. Then turn onto a piece of parchment paper, cover with another piece of parchment paper and roll out to aprox. 12" x 8". Bake for 14-15 minutes until it starts to turn golden.
- 1/2 (1.25 c) package Biscuit Mix
- 1/4 c parmesan, dried
- 2T melted butter
- 1/4 c cream
- 2 fresh eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/2 T olive oil for drizzle
- 1 t dried Rosemary for sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a pie plate (standard 7" base) with parchment paper. or oil a tinfoil pie plate
- Pour dry mix, parmesan and garlic powder into bowl. Make a well in the mix. Pour in melted butter and
and eggs. Start to mix then add the liquid until well combined. Add cheese and stir and scrape down bowl.
- Drop all the batter into the center of the pie plate. Use the back of a wet spoon or spatula to evenly spread out mixture. Press indents in the top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary. See image below.
- Bake for for aprox 22 minutes until the top is golden brown. Turn off the oven and let the bread sit in the oven for another 10 minutes. This helps to dry out the bread for a better texture. *Optional: At this point you can cover with tinfoil to avoid further browning.
- Cool completely and then store in an airtight container and refrigerate.