Light and fluffy keto buns, made with the Busn Baking Mix. Big enough for a hamburger or bunwich lunch. Or you can make smaller soup sized buns. Add you favorite seeds and a teaspoon of herbs or spice for variations.
* The bun is almost as good if you skip the added oil for a lower calorie version, will be slightly smaller.
**Proportions are important for this recipe . Follow measurements closely.
Mix will make 12 large buns or 24 small buns.
Makes 12 Large or 24 Small Buns.
- 1/2 cup Buns Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup carton egg whites
- 1/2 c boiling water
- * optional 1 T flax seeds
- Pour dry mix and flax seeds into bowl. Add in egg white and mix lightly then pour in boiling water.
- Mix until the dough starts to come together into a gelatinous ball. Continue mixing for 1 to 2 minutes until dough has cooled down. Use a stand up mixer or mix by hand with a spoon.
- Knead dough into a soft ball, cut into 4 pieces for small buns and 2 pieces for large buns.
- Form a large dough ball and then cut into 2 even pieces. Form each piece into a uniform ball.
- Place dough balls on parchment paper on a microwave plate. Keep dough evenly spaced it will double in size.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Based on 900 watts microwave.
- Let cool and dry on a rack. Once buns are dry keep in an airtight container.
- Will keep at room temperature for a 2 days or refrigerate for longer life up to 8 days.
- For smaller buns cut dough into 4 and microwave for 30 seconds less