Pepper Corn Muffins
Use the cheese mix as a muffin base. Add your favorite cheese and spice for this muffin I have used jalapeno cheese and dried red pepper.
Total Carbohydrate - Fiber - Sugar Alcohol = 3 Net Carb per muffin
- 1 Pkg Cheesy Biscuit Mix
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 3/4 cup liquid (1/4 cup cream, 1/2 c water)
- 2 fresh eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup jalapeno cheese
- 2 t crushed red pepper
- 2-3 T sweetener
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with muffin liners. **Reduce heat to 350 before putting muffins in the oven.
- Pour dry mix into bowl. Make a well in the dry mix and add in sweetener and spice.
- Pour in beaten eggs and melted butter.
- Slowly add in liquid until well combined.
- Mix in cheese and corn. Save some of the corn for the tops of the muffins.
- Using a large ice-cream scoop drop into a muffin liners, press a few kernels of corn on the top and sprinkle with a little more red pepper.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes until slightly golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in a covered container and refrigerate.
Variations: .5 cup chopped apple with cheddar cheese * Smoked gouda with rosemary * Swiss with chives * Mozza and basil.