Microwave Pie Plate Pizza Crusts
This is the best, easiest way to make basic, bread like pizza crust. Can also be used as a dipping bread or an appy base. Cooked in the microwave it retains all the taste of the original Cheesy Bun recipe and is so easy to make. Nutrition for 1/2 a 7" pizza crust.
Total Carbohydrate - Fiber - Sugar Alcohol = 2 Net Carb per crust
Baked Pie Plate Pizza Crusts
If you don't use or have a microwave you can still bake the crusts using the same method. The foil pie plates work really well, only need a small amount of non stick spray and the crusts fall right out. If you use a glass plate you will need to line it with parchment or the crust will stick. Bake for aprox 12 minutes at 350 until the edges are just starting to brown.
This crust is a little more fragile but is similar in size and taste. **Option - you can add grated cheese to this crust but not to the microwave crust.
Warmer weather or just short on time this recipe is for you. It has fabulous flavor, good structure and a more bread like consistency.
It is made using the same recipe as the original cheesy buns. The only difference is you are going to cook the dough in a pie plate. The microwave method is fast and will dry out the dough enough to give it better structure. You can also freeze these to use at a later date.
You will use a 9" glass pie plate that has a 7" base and you will get 4 crusts. These are nice thick bread like crusts.
- 1 Pkg Cheesy Biscuit Mix
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 3/2 c water
- 2 fresh eggs slightly beaten
- Pour dry mix into bowl. Make a well in the dry mix and pour in beaten eggs and melted butter.
- Mix until the dough starts to come together. Slowly add liquid until well combined. Blend on high until dough starts to thicken aprox. 1 - 2 minutes (longer than you would blend when making Cheese biscuits)
- To Make 4- 7" crusts fill a 3/4 cup measuring scoop or put the pie plate on a food scale and scoop in 170 grams. Shape the dough into ball in the center of the pie plate.
- Using damp hands and/or the back of a wet spoon spread the dough to the edges and even out the top. You can use a rubber spatula around the edges to shape the dough for a nice even shape.
- Use a fork and prick the top a few times.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Open the door and lightly flatten the dough with the back of spoon. It will have puffed up in spots. Microwave another 60 seconds.
- Loosen around the edges with a rubber spatula, start gently lifting the dough. The bottom of crust will still be a little damp and will need a couple of minutes to cool before you take it out of the pie plate. ** Don't let it cool completely in the plate or it will stick to the bottom.
- Once you have flipped the dough out of the pie plate let it cool bottom side up, the wet center will dry as it cools.
- Keep the pie plate clean in between crusts to avoid sticking. Make 3 times.
- Now you can make your pizza or freeze the crusts for another day.