Soft Tortilla Wraps
Keto, Wheat free and Plant based wraps. One Mix makes 24 soft wraps. Low Calorie too! Perfect for a light breakfast or lunch. Just think of the possibilities!
- 1 Pkg Low Carb Wrap Mix
- 3/4 c boiling water
- 1 T oil
- Pour dry mix into bowl. Add boiling water and oil
- Mix until the dough starts to come together into a gelatinous ball. Continue mixing for 1 to 2 minutes until dough has cooled down. Use a stand up mixer or mix by hand with a spoon.
- Knead dough into a soft ball, cut into 4 pieces.
- Roll each piece in your hands to form a round ball. Place dough balls in a bowl and cover with a damp paper towel for 5 minutes to set.
- Flatten dough ball with your hand onto a piece of parchment paper. Form an even round circle keeping edges smooth. If the edges crack smooth back together, this will make rolling easier.
- Cover flattened dough with another piece of parchment paper and start to roll from the center out. Turn 45 degrees and roll from the center out and repeat. Continue to smooth out edges and roll until the dough is aprox. 7 - 8 inches in diameter.
- Pre-heat non stick pan to medium/high. Flip wrap into pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes on one side until a light golden brown as per image to the left. Flip over and cook for another 1 - 1.5 minutes.
- Let wraps cool down completely. Wraps will be more pliable as they cool.
- Cooked wraps must be refrigerated and used within 6 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- For best results use a cast iron tortilla press. Your press may not flatten the wrap thin enough, continue to roll until desired size.
- *** You can make a double batch but do not use the whole mix at once the dough will become to dry by the third batch.